Saturday, August 29

Getting the House Ready to Sell


At the end of July when our renters moved out of our home, we started to remodel. Earl stripped and sanded hardwood floors, I sanded the walls in the bedroom with the awful texturing job from the previous owners and we recruited Dad and Rick to help us put a ceiling in the storage room and mud and tape the bathroom downstairs.

That left painting! And so we painted, and painted, and painted. I believe I had paint in my hair for about three weeks. Earl had paint on almost every pair of jeans I would allow him to wear. (I had to reserve a few for work) We painted cement walls, ceilings, stairways, bedrooms and both bathrooms. The guys at Kwall know me well.

Now that it is all done, and we got the house on the market, I am sitting in a home that looks wonderful, but I have to be careful with how I live in it.
We also decided not to move all of our furniture back, since we would just have to move it again, so we have a bedroom, office and half a kitchen. It feels pretty spartan.

It needs to be ready to show at any time, so I hesitate to pull anything out or work on a project for fear that I will make a mess and then someone will want to see the home. It leaves me with few options at night while I am home alone and Earl is at work.

We have had five people look at it the first week alone. Yipee-- I believe I need to go house shopping now. If I live as if I am moving, and begin looking in that direction, life should go that way and we will move. (At least that is what I am praying for.)

No comments: